February 25, 09
I’ve been getting a lot of eyebrow questions lately – so I decided to go to www.tweezerman.com – home of my favourite Tweezerman Slant Tweezers – to share with you some easy tips and techniques from their website on how to shape and style your brows! Take a Look:
- Brush hair in the direction of hair growth.
- Isolate the hair you are about to tweeze.
- Tweeze in the direction of hair growth.
- Pull one hair at a time.
- Pull gently and smoothly, making sure not to yank.
Be sure to step back from your mirror and check your brows periodically. Tweeze a few hairs from one brow and then the other so they remain symmetrical. Remember that it’s better to tweeze too little than too much.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do tweeze in the direction of hair growth.
- Do open your pores with a hot washcloth to make tweezing easier.
- Do use a make-up concealer to draw your desired brow shape, then tweeze the hairs that fall below the line.
- Don’t use creams or moisturizers that can cause the tweezer to slip.
- Don’t tweeze nose hairs or hairs growing out of moles.
- Clean Tweezers after each use.
- Disinfect tips of tweezers in alcohol.
- Protect the tips of tweezers with cap and keep in storage box or tube.
- Spring tension can be increased by gently pulling the two halves of the tweezer apart. Once you have increased the spring tension, you cannot decrease it.
- Never drop tweezers. Dropping will dull the tip and throw your tweezers out of alignment.
And, don’t forget to Wake.up & Make.up!