October 24, 08
Yesterday afternoon, I had a radio interview with my friends – Dani, Chad and Fuzzy – over at Vibe 98.5 in Calgary – which will be airing sometime early next week – to talk all about my new line of makeup brushes as well as the Makeup trends for Fall 2008.
For Fall we’re seeing a lot of two very different looks; The minimalist look (which is basically your flawless face with naturally contoured cheekbones) and the complete opposite – the bold/dramatic look with stand out eye’s and berry stained lips.
1. Bronze – Gold and Bronze eyeshadow shades are really hot for Fall. Some of my favourite shades on the market right now are: Giorgio Armani #3, Yves Saint Laurent #10, MAC Eyeshadow in Bronze and MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing.
2. Red and Berry Stained Lips – The key here is the stain. You still want to be able to see the natural texture of your lips but with a bit more colour. Think of the colour of red wine when choosing a shade for you. If you don’t want to buy a new product – you can make it at home by pressing and patting your already exsisting lipstick into your lip to make your own stain at home!
3. Natural Looking Cheeks – You’re going to want to keep your blush to a minimum this Fall by choosing a shade that resembles the colour of your cheeks when you’ve just come in from a jog. I love Nars Blush in Orgasm.
4. The Minimalist Look - The key to this look is an even complexion. Apply foundation all over your face including under and on top of your eyelids to even out the skin tone. For more coverage, press and pat another layer of foundation into the areas needed. Finish with powder to set your makeup. My favourite foundations on the market are: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and Giorgio Armani’s NEW Face Fabric – It’s amazing!
5. Purple - This Fall’s hottest colour. If you don’t have any purple in your closet – you might want to try adding this shade into your makeup wardrobe. Apply a soft purple eyeliner pencil on your eyelid and smudge it out into the crease to for a natural look that really stands out!
And of course, remember to have fun while doing your makeup and don’t forget to wake.up & make.up!