April 28, 11
Wouldn’t it be great to have a makeup artist at your wedding – making sure every picture is perfect? Bridal Makeup Finish from Skindinavia is the next best thing! This setting spray boasts a patent-pending Temperature Control Technology that keeps makeup from melting when it’s warm and humid or becoming dehydrated when it’s cold and windy. Yes, it actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to hold foundation, eyeshadow, blush and concealer in place for up to 16 hours!!! (www.skindinavia.com) (more…)
April 21, 11
Join me tomorrow – Friday April 22nd at 2:00pm on CBC – Steven & Chris for the BIG Wedding Show!
The whole hour is dedicated to Wedding Fashion, Hair, Makeup and Decor – inspired by Royal Brides: Grace Kelly, Princess Diana and Kate Middleton.
STUNNING looks – believe me – you won’t want to miss!!
For more information: www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris
I hope you have a happi day! And, don’t forget to Wake.up & Make.up!
February 11, 09
It’s available for a limited time only starting tomorrow February 12th! And, let me tell you it’s going fast! So, if you’re interested in getting in on the “Kitty” collection – you might want to get it asap!
The collection includes: Six Lipstick shades with six sparkling Lipglass glosses, two Tinted Lip Conditioners and two bright and punchy eye quads that can be accented with reflective eye Glitter and Glitter Eye Liners, all of which are perfectly framed by Plush Lash Mascara. Beauty Powder Blush in shades of pink and peach and nails decorated in fabulous shades of pepto-pink, modern grey and creamy white Nail Lacquer.
Take a look at just some of the products and accessories this line has to offer!
My favourite item: The Hello Kitty Makeup Bag (I absolutely LOVE collecting makeup bags and this one comes with a hot pink lining!! That’s so happiface!)
Click Here for more information and to watch the Hello Kitty promotional video! I love it!!
January 12, 09
So, this weekend one of my students – Jade – from my Personal Makeup Class at George Brown College – brought in this cool new product from Japan – that I just had to share with you!
It’s called a Front Hair Stabilizer. It looks like a flat version of a hair roller and is used to hold your bangs away from your face. It’s perfect for when you’re getting your makeup done or washing your face.
And, not only does it actually work to hold your hair in place – it leaves it crease free!
I am definitely getting some for my makeup kit! Thanks Jade!
And don’t forget to Wake.up & Make.up!
October 24, 08
Yesterday afternoon, I had a radio interview with my friends – Dani, Chad and Fuzzy – over at Vibe 98.5 in Calgary – which will be airing sometime early next week – to talk all about my new line of makeup brushes as well as the Makeup trends for Fall 2008.
For Fall we’re seeing a lot of two very different looks; The minimalist look (which is basically your flawless face with naturally contoured cheekbones) and the complete opposite – the bold/dramatic look with stand out eye’s and berry stained lips.
1. Bronze – Gold and Bronze eyeshadow shades are really hot for Fall. Some of my favourite shades on the market right now are: Giorgio Armani #3, Yves Saint Laurent #10, MAC Eyeshadow in Bronze and MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing.
2. Red and Berry Stained Lips – The key here is the stain. You still want to be able to see the natural texture of your lips but with a bit more colour. Think of the colour of red wine when choosing a shade for you. If you don’t want to buy a new product – you can make it at home by pressing and patting your already exsisting lipstick into your lip to make your own stain at home!
3. Natural Looking Cheeks – You’re going to want to keep your blush to a minimum this Fall by choosing a shade that resembles the colour of your cheeks when you’ve just come in from a jog. I love Nars Blush in Orgasm.
4. The Minimalist Look - The key to this look is an even complexion. Apply foundation all over your face including under and on top of your eyelids to even out the skin tone. For more coverage, press and pat another layer of foundation into the areas needed. Finish with powder to set your makeup. My favourite foundations on the market are: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and Giorgio Armani’s NEW Face Fabric – It’s amazing!
5. Purple - This Fall’s hottest colour. If you don’t have any purple in your closet – you might want to try adding this shade into your makeup wardrobe. Apply a soft purple eyeliner pencil on your eyelid and smudge it out into the crease to for a natural look that really stands out!
And of course, remember to have fun while doing your makeup and don’t forget to wake.up & make.up!